Why Clinical Nutrition is essential for Pharmacist?
Nutrition Support Pharmacy addresses the care of patients receiving specialized nutrition support, including parenteral (IV) or enteral (feeding tube) nutrition.
The purpose of the BCNSP program is to ensure that the pharmacist has the advanced knowledge and qualification to optimize patient health related outcomes by:
- Individualized treatment plans for each patient and optimal nutritional status
- Providing direct patient care, including patient assessment, determine type of feeding design, clinical monitoring, monitor dosage regimen and side effect.
- Identifying nutrient deficiencies to optimize efficacy and safety of the patient;
- Tailoring parenteral and enteral feeding formulations by properly calculated and prepared and administered; and
- Monitoring Transition of care during the critical transition to home.
If you want to get the full american board program, please register here.